GLTC operates 14 bus routes within the City of Lynchburg and a portion of Madison Heights, Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., and 10 routes on Saturday between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
NO service is operated on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Transfer Center off Kemper St
The main transfer point for the GLTC fleet is the new transfer center located at 800 Kemper Street. Buses arrive at the transfer center every half-hour (at quarter past the hour (:15) and quarter ’til the hour (:30). All routes (except Routes MHA and MHB) begin and end at 800 Kemper Street, where passengers may make their transfers to continue on with their ride.
A route number and written destination identify all buses. Bus stops are marked with a sign bearing the GLTC logo and route number. Transfers to/from MHA and MHB occur at 7th & Main Streets in Downtown Lynchburg. Also, for your convenience, transfers between the 4A and 4B can be made at River Ridge Mall.
We strive to provide the best service to our customers that we can. Our customers can help us in the following ways:
- Arrive at your stop a few minutes early.
- Have exact fare or pass ready when your board the bus
- Please tell the bus operator what kind of pass you wish to purchase BEFORE placing your money in the farebox.
- If you need a transfer, please ask the bus operator for a transfer when you pay your fare.
- Board the bus at the FRONT door; exit the bus at the REAR door.
- Please give up the designated seats in the front of the bus for seniors and customers with disabilities.
- Please do not block the center aisle of the bus. This includes BABY STROLLERS which must not block the center aisle.
- Signal the bus operator that you wish to stop approximately one block BEFORE you wish to exit.
- Generally, the bus operator will only stop at designated bus stops.
- Our customers are entitled to ride the bus in reasonable safety, security and comfort. GLTC will not deny service to an individual unless their actions are a clear threat to public safety, security or health, or their behavior unreasonably interferes with other passengers’ use and enjoyment of the transit system.
Accordingly, the following actions are prohibited on GLTC buses:
- Smoking, eating, drinking or playing loud music.
- Carrying hazardous materials, such as automobile batteries or flammable liquids.
- Transporting pets (Service Animals ARE permitted).
- Use of rude, disruptive or threatening behavior, including profanity.
- Emanating grossly offensive body odor.
- Please notify the bus operator immediately if you observe any of these actions. For your additional safety, our buses are equipped with security cameras, and all activity is subject to video and audio recording.
- Please do not leave personal trash (soda cans, etc.) at bus stops! Please place trash in appropriate trash containers. Our buses are equipped with small trash bags for the disposal of small amounts of personal trash.
If you notice ANY suspicious activity or see an unattended package, please notify the bus operator immediately.