- Lynchburg, VA
- Salary: $16.09 /hour
General Description: The Para-Transit Dispatcher/Scheduler will perform scheduling, routing, and dispatching duties for the public paratransit services. Be able to effectively monitor and dispatch paratransit vehicles and operators to transport eligible passengers to and from their destination. The individual should possess strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity to the needs of the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and work well under pressure or in stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service and customer relation skills.
- Ability to bend or stoop maintaining files and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of state and local traffic laws as well as the Lynchburg City area.
- Possession or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire a Class B (Passenger and Air-Brake endorsement) Commercial Driver’s License.
- Ability to arrive promptly, work independently with minimal supervision, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in dispatching, management, or related activities in public transit and/or demand response services.
- Extensive computer experience and the ability to interact and quickly learn complex dispatch/trip maintenance programs.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent.
Benefits: Position is Part-Time without benefits.
To Apply: Visit our website to obtain a Safety Sensitive application or you may obtain one in person at our office as listed below. Submit completed applications, cover letter, and resume to “Greater Lynchburg Transit Company, Attn: Human Resources Manager, P.O. Box 11286, Lynchburg, VA 24506.
Applications may also be submitted in person at GLTC’s main office: 419 Bradley Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24501. Any applications submitted in person must be enclosed in a sealed envelope with the following clearly written on it: Attn: Human Resources Manager – Para-Transit Dispatcher/Scheduler.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until close of business (5:00 pm) on July 18, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Greater Lynchburg Transit Company (Central Virginia Management Company, Inc.) is an equal opportunity employer. GLTC does not discriminate against any individual employed or seeking employment on the basis of race, color, age, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin and is a drug/alcohol/smoke-free workplace.
All persons selected for a position must pass a drug test prior to employment. All persons in a safety-sensitive position are subject to random drug/alcohol testing. GLTC also conducts full Criminal Background checks on all applicants considered for employment.
For more information on the Greater Lynchburg Transit Company, please visit our website at: www.GLTConline.com