- Lynchburg, VA
- Salary: $10.00 /hour
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
FLSA Status: NON EXEMPT
Supervisor: Transportation Manager
Positions Supervised: None
The Customer Service Representative provides front line customer service by offering public information; assisting customers via telephone, electronically and in person; and assisting staff in various capacities.
- Answers the telephone, responding to passengers’ questions, concerns and complaints.
- Documents passenger complaints and compliments and forwards to proper manager per procedure.
- Responds to passenger inquiries regarding types of service, routes and schedules.
- Maintains excellent public relations by responding in a courteous manner to all callers and visitors.
- Sells tickets and passes.
- Maintains cash receipts and daily logs, as required.
- Communicates with operations on schedule and service changes and distributes this information to the public.
- Conducts surveys as needed.
- Monitors the waiting and passenger areas, performing basic cleaning and maintenance throughout the day to ensure a quality and presentable environment.
- Notifies maintenance personnel of issues related to safety, cleanliness, or overall customer experience.
- Keeps work area neat and clean, ensures common areas such as break rooms, copy rooms, and other areas are neat, clean and organized.
- At the transfer center will inspect restrooms, resupply paper products if necessary and notify maintenance if facility need attention (hourly log maintained on doors of restroom with initial of who last inspected for supplies and cleanliness).
- Maintain inventories of passenger schedules/timetables; distributes to public; advises staff when time to re-order. Maintains inventories of general office supplies notifying supervisor when supplies require re-ordering. Ensures that supply cabinets are organized and clean.
- Operates ID making machine to issue ID badges to passengers (half-fare and PTS), volunteers, board members, and employees and their dependents.
- Counts and records daily revenue.
- Receives and records PTS trip requests.
- Receives, stamps, sorts and distributes daily mail.
- Reviews daily Newspaper and maintains GLTC Scrapbook.
- Operates a personal computer, utilizing Microsoft Office and PC graphics software and other office equipment.
- Cooperatively and efficiently performs related tasks and duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of transit services, routes, and time schedules..
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to make independent decisions within scope of responsibility.
- Excellent customer relations skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of computers, hardware and software programs (including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)Emotional, Psychological and Physical Requirements:
- * Ability to:*
- Deal with long hours and periods of high levels of stress
- Deal with emergency situations
- Make quick and concise decisions
- Deal with the public, and deal with aggressive or angry customers
- Greet and meet with visitors, clearly disseminate information to customers
- Concentrate on priority tasks with frequent interruptions
- Handle high call volumes at peak times of the dayPhysically:
- Sits frequently for long periods
- Moves throughout facilities and grounds
- Lifts light loads at times (<50 lbs) Additional/Miscellaneous/Special Requirements:
- Acceptable criminal history record and child protective services check upon hire and must be maintained throughout employment
- Acceptable drug screen results upon
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate.
- No experience is necessary, but transit operations, customer service, general office or receptionist experience is desirable.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until close of business (5:00 pm) on January 18, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
Greater Lynchburg Transit Company (GLTC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The ADA requires GLTC to provide adequate accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management