Due to Governor Northam’s Executive Order #63, facial coverings are required on all GLTC property, effective 5/29/20. This includes the Transfer Station waiting room, the Transfer Station platform, GLTC buses and vans, and GLTC shelters and bus stops.
“All patrons in the Commonwealth aged ten (10) and over shall cover their mouth and nose with a face covering as described and recommended by the CDC when entering, exiting, traveling through, and spending time inside the following settings listed below:
…5. Train stations, bus stations, and intrastate public transportation, including buses, rideshares, trains, taxis, and cars for hire, as well as any waiting or congregating areas associated with boarding public transportation. This requirement shall not apply in any area under federal jurisdiction or control.”
“The requirement to wear a face covering does not apply to following:
- While eating or drinking;
- Individuals exercising or using exercise equipment;
- Any person who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the face covering without assistance;
- Any person seeking to communicate with the hearing impaired and for which the mouth needs to be visible;
- When temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to secure government or medical services; and
- Persons with health conditions that prohibit wearing a face covering. Nothing in this Order shall require the use of a face covering by any person for whom doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition.
- Any person who declines to wear a face covering because of a medical condition shall not be required to produce or carry medical documentation verifying the stated condition nor shall the person be required to identify the precise underlying medical condition.”
Governor’s Executive Order #63 (2020)
Click HERE to view the entire Executive Order