GLTC is taking the necessary steps in response to the potential spread of the Coronavirus. Our senior staff is working closely with the City of Lynchburg in preparedness and prevention of local outbreak for the citizens of Lynchburg. Although GLTC buses and facilities already have a rigorous nightly cleaning schedule, our staff has increased the thoroughness of this process to ensure our buses and facilities are properly disinfected.
Remember to take the following precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
• Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
• CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
• Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
To view the City of Lynchburg’s press release regarding COVID-19, click here.